Our canine hotel offers the following amenities:
- Know Thy Dog is the only canine facility in SW Montana founded and consulted by established Professional Dog Trainers. All of our canine handlers have received extensive and in-depth training based on this perspective.
- The facility has over 6000 sq. ft. of indoor space with five fenced play yards on an acre of property. Our yards have 7’ solid wood fencing for security with a 10″ dig down beneath..
- Missing your pup while you are away? (Of course you are!) We photograph every dog, Monday through Thursday, and post on our Facebook page as well as Instagram stories. In addition, you can text our staff to check on your dog during their stay.
- We run rotating supervised playgroups from 7am to 11:30 pm EVERY DAY. All boarding dogs enjoy several hours of playing in calm, supervised playgroups of 15 or less dogs during the day and night, hand-selected by our behaviorally-trained staff to make sure our furry clients are safe and comfortable while socializing.
- We offer tons of one-on-one attention for dogs approved for Premium Individual Program (dogs who do not socialize with other dogs, dogs who are intact over our age limit of 10 months, females in heat, dogs who are medical solos e.g. have stitches or medical devices). Dogs are accepted into the Individual Programs on a case-by-case basis and receive quality couch and play time with our staff.
- During play, dogs are rotated outside (and fully supervised) for potty breaks every 15 minutes. We do not want to encourage indoor potty accidents.
- We only use dog-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products inside our building and on our property.
Dogs approved for regular Social Groups:
$46 per night for one dog | $75 per night for two dogs
Limited – Your dog will receive 15 minutes of time outside on same rotation as play groups $50 PER NIGHT FOR ONE DOG | $80 PER NIGHT FOR TWO DOGS
Premium – Your dog will enjoy their playtime in large indoor and outdoor areas where they will have access to fun West Paw toys and other enrichment items! $52 PER NIGHT FOR ONE DOG | $82 PER NIGHT FOR TWO DOGS
**We require a $100 deposit to reserve appointments during all major holidays and school breaks – Spring Break, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Monday through Friday Drop-off & Pick-up 7:30am to 6:30pm
Saturday and Sunday Drop-off & Pick-up 8am to 5pm
*Rates are charged per night. Any dog picked up late the following day, will be charged for that night. Inquire about multiple-dog rates. No intact males over 10 months old.
**Owners must provide us with their dog’s food for their stay. We offer new Kuranda beds and soft bedding.
Know Thy Dog offers a comfortable and cozy set-up with several couch condos, new Kuranda beds and 5 separate play yards. Our environment is not a good fit for every dog and for the safety of your dog and our peace of mind, we have a screening process prior to accepting dogs.
Know Thy Dog is selectively accepting new clients. Please note the following restrictions prior to contacting us: We do NOT accept intact males over 10 months old, dogs that have separation anxiety and/or are on medication for separation anxiety, dogs that pick-up and eat inedible objects (socks, bedding, rocks, sticks), are destructive or bark excessively during nap time or overnight or pee/leg lift on indoor furnishings. We do not accept elderly or fragile dogs. All dogs in our facility must be safe around must be safe around our staff – no human aggressive dogs are accepted. Dog-aggressive/sensitive dogs are accepted on a limited basis, and are designated to our Individual Programs. Owners can choose one of two tiers of the Individual Program based on the desired engagement level for their dog(s). Most new dogs will require a trial day at our facility prior to confirming a boarding appointment. We reserve the right to refuse service to any customer or dog that we feel is not a good fit for our program.
When booking your boarding reservation, you may include any of the following options on a per day basis:
- Peanut butter kong $5 | Your dog will get to relax with a frozen peanut butter kong!
- High-quality food blend $3 per day (only available if dog runs out of food)
- Frozen Lick Mat $8 | Work your canine pal’s brain when treating them to a delicious blend of frozen goodies
- Brushing $6 | Great for dogs with long coats or pups that enjoy extra TLC!
- Teeth brushing $5 \ Keep up with good habits while your dog is boarding – please provide brush + paste
Health Requirements: We do not accept intact male dogs over 10 months old. Our programs require dogs over 6 months of age to have the following: proof of a current Rabies vaccine, Bordatella and Distemper/Parvo vaccine. We will accept a titer test OR veterinarian letter of exemption. Due to the fact that we have dogs coming in from out of state, we require your dog be on a flea/tick preventative. Puppies must be a minimum of 12 weeks old to enter our facility for boarding or daycare and must have at least two rounds of vaccines at least 7 days prior to arrival Please read our statement about Kennel Cough.